There is no doubt that air purifiers help you to breathe clean air. It keeps away all kinds of dust, allergens, and other debris to give you clean, fresh, and filtered air to breathe.
If you are looking to make a DIY air purifier in your home, then you are in the right place!
In this post, we are going to have a closer look at how to make a DIY air purifier at home.
Let’s get started!
How to make a DIY air purifier at home?
There are several steps involved in making a DIY air purifier at home. Read this guide carefully and note them down. Because this information will give you a clear cut overview of the exact steps you need to do in order to make a DIY air purifier at home.
- Step 1. Things you need to make a DIY air purifier. As you know already, there are several parts that need to come together in order to make a DIY air purifier. They include a foot of 3-inch diameter PVC tubing, a 3-inch diameter computer fan, an AC/DC adapter with a DC output, filter for a room air conditioner, toggle switch, and a hose clamp for the 3-inch pipe. All these equipments won’t cost much, so you don’t have to worry about it. With these equipments, you’ll need to have various tools to make a DIY air purifier at home. They are drill and bits, soldering iron plus solder, and a hot glue gun plus sticks.
- Step 2. Preparing to make a DIY air purifier in your home. First, drill two small holes for the wires of the adapter and the wires of the fan. Make sure that the holes you drill are placed close enough to the top so that you have room to install the fan. The next thing you need to do is to make one larger hole in between the two smaller ones to insert the toggle switch.
- Step 3. Assembling your DIY air purifier. Keep the two twists together and solder the negative wires together. Then, solder each of the positive wires together into the prongs of the toggle switch. The simple identification between the positive and the negative wires is that positive wires on the adapter has a white stripe on it.
- Step 4. Assembling the main parts. The forth step you need to take is to push the toggle switch through the large hole. And screw on the anchor that comes with it on the wall. Now, using the hot glue gun, glue the holes where the wires go into, and around the toggle switch to form an air tight seal. Allow a couple of minutes to completely cool the seal that you have just formed. Once it is over, place the fan on the top, make sure its centered with the air flow going AWAY from the pipe. After that, using the hot glue gun, glue the corners down. Finally, form a nice hard seal around the edges of the fan and pipe.
- Step 5. Time to fit the filter. One thing you should note with fitting the filter is that it unfolds into a pretty large sheet when you expand it. Cut its size if you want, or you can fold it into a square if you don’t want to cut it. Place it on top of the pipe, opposite side of the fan. Now, secure it with the hose clamp. Tighten as hard as you can, then trim off the excess filter corners if necessary.
- Step 6. Check whether everything is right. Plug it in and you are all good to go! it will start to blow nicely and you’ll receive a cool, refreshing, and pure air! It will be extremely quiet as well. Set somewhere in your room and let it clean the indoor air in your room. Within few minutes, you’ll feel the pure air entering your lungs smoothly! We would like to recommend you that you change the filter once a month to avoid the filter becoming ineffective.
We hope that we are able to give you a clear overview of the best and cost effective way of how to make a DIY air purifier at home. Don’t spend too much money in making a DIY air purifier.
Always check your budget before purchasing anything related to the air purifier.
Want to share your thoughts? Write them in the comments section below!