Hair does play a very important role in the looks. Hair can actually change the look and make wonders. Who does not like smooth, soft and long hair? Everyone dreams of having beautiful hair bur achieving It can be a task. Straighten hair can actually change your appearance regardless of any attire of yours. Whether you are into an ethnic, western or semi-western attire, straightened hair enhances each and every look effortlessly. Smooth hair help you blend into any kind of occasion. There are many women out there who are blessed with natural hair, but there is also a large percentage of women who do not have very smooth and silky hair and go extra miles to actually get the look.
If you are someone who belongs to the second category, then don’t feel demotivated! We are blessed to be living in a technological era, where any thing is possible. Hair straighteners can help you look like your dream, by making your hair look very smooth, soft and shiny and above all give your hair a stunning look. The only task is to invest in a correct hair straightener. The device should have a number of features such as adjustable heating settings, the plates of the iron should be made of material such as titanium, ceramic or tourmaline. Another thing to keep in mind is that, the hair straightener should lead to breakage of hair.
To make things easier for you, we have listed down top 8 hair straighteners in India, read up!
1. Philips HP8316/00 Kerashine Hair Straightener:
If you are looking to invest your money into a hair straightener which comes with keratin Ceramic Coating, then nothing can beat this model. This hair straightener is made up of ionic technology coupled with keratin coating, both which ensures to provide beautiful, silky and straight hair in as little time as possible. The USP of the product is that it has very large plates which are specifically designed to achieve thick and long hair without causing a lot of damage to the hair due to heat. The plates are smooth and soft and have the ability to glide effortlessly through the hair.
- The hair straightener gives an absolute shiny look.
- The texture of the hair become shiny and smooth.
- It is very comfortable and easy to use.
- Due to over usage, the hair tends to become very rough.
- Right after heating, the hair tends to get hair curls.
2. Havells HS4101 Hair Straightener:
This product comes with an improved version of PTC heating element which does not allow the device to overheat. The heat is properly and evenly distributed amongst the hair without casing any kind of damage to the hair. This hair straightener contains floating plates which allows the users to create different styles at home within very less time. The best part is that the hair straightener is extremely easy to store and carry from one place to the other. The straightener also comes with ceramic coated plates.
- The hair straightener comes up with plates which are ceramic coated and which take very less time to actually heat.
- The device is apt not just for straightening but also can be used to curl the hair.
- The hair straightener comes with a swivel cord technology which is very handy. This helps in rotating which eventually prevents any sort of tangling and twisting of the wire.
- The built quality of the straightener is not very strong.
3. Philips BHS386 Kera Shine Straightener:
This hair straightener comes infused with a proper ceramic coating of keratin and ionic care. This is one of the very prominent features which helps in pro actively protecting the hair during any sort of styling. With the help of this straightener one can easily achieve very smooth and long hair which you have been dreaming of since years. The plates of the device are extremely smooth which helps the hair to prevent its self from the exposure to excessive heat. The plates glide through the hair with actual less of friction. One of the USP’s of the device is that, it has an option of optimized temperature which helps in getting smooth, long and soft straight hair.
- The plates of the hair straightener get lock super easily.
- This device is safe and does not cause much damage to the hair.
- The element of Ionic care, eliminates static, while conditioning.
- It actually takes a lot of time to straighten hair while using this device.
- There is a buzzing sound which comes from the device after it gets heated.
4. VEGA 3 in 1 Hair Styler (VHSCC-01):
When it comes to popularity then, no brand can beat Vega style appliances. Vega comes under the most popular brands which produces some of the finest quality hair straighteners. The hair straightener VEGA 3 in 1 Hair styler (VHSCC-01) comes with a fine ceramic coating of plates which adds the gloss and shine to the straightener. The device has just one single button but provides multiple types of styling which you can experiment with your hair. With the help of this machine, you can easily try out new and different designs on a daily basis. This hair straightener can very easily be used for curling the hair which provides 2 in 1 usage to the users. Which eventually means, that the user won’t have to invest separately in a curler also.
- For the purpose of quick heating, the hair straightener comes up with ceramic coated plates.
- The device is very easy to use as it just has a single button to carry out all the operations.
- The hair straightener also has an auto shut feature which helps in preventing any sort of accidents.
- This hair straightener can only be used over dry hair.
- It takes time for the straightener to actually heat up.
5. Ikonic PTS Pro Titanium Shine Straightener:
This is one of the rare hair straighteners in the market which is made up of titanium plates which help in achieving the thick curly hair you have always dreamt of. The hair straightener has an option of ‘One Hour Audio Shut’, coupled with an option of 360 tangle free cord. Now one does not need to worry about its tangling of the wire or cords. The hair straightener comes in black colour which ads on to its beauty. The Ikonic PTS pro Titanium shine hair straightener is very durable to hair. The USP of the product is that it works extremely well even on wet hair and helps in removing all the extra frizz from the hair, keeping the hair soft and manageable throughout.
- The hair straightener comes up with floating plates which helps in auto adjusting while gliding through the thick hair.
- The device is popularly known for reducing the frizz, basically just eliminating it and keeping the hair manageable.
- The finishing of the product is very sleek and results in smooth and shiny hair.
- According to the features provides, this hair straightener is a little on the costlier side.
6. Havells HS4152 Hair Straightener:
Havells is known for making some very good quality straightener and the Havells HS4152 is one of the most popular products of the brand. This hair straightener comes with a Titanium coating on the plates which helps in eliminating any kind of frizz. The USP of the product is that it can be very easily used on any type of hair very effortlessly. The device from the outer looks very attractive and comes in golden colour. This hair straightener is very light weight which makes it super easy to carry it from one place to the other. The device also comes in with safety pointers, which auto shuts right within an hour.
- Due to its light weight, the hair straightener is very travel friendly and can be taken or packed without much of efforts.
- The hair straightener has floating plates which prevent any sort of damage to the hair.
- The plates of the hair lock automatically, when they are not in use.
- The speed quality of the product ranges from average to normal.
- The corpus of the hair straightener gets heated very quickly.
7. Ikonic S3B Hair Straightener:
This is one of the unique hair straighteners which is made up of 3/4th of the ceramic plates. For someone who has short hair or bangs, then Ikonic S3B Hair straightener is the best option. The device is also designed in a manner which comes with negative ion technology which eliminates all the frizz. The hair straightener has a digital led indicator which indicates in case the power is off. The product is highly rated and is one of the finest quality straighteners. It helps in achieving smooth, soft and long straight hair in no time.
- The hair straightener comes up with the unique ceramic technology which makes the hair shiny, glossy and smooth.
- This hair straightener can easily be used to curl hair or provide waves.
- The heat of the hair straightener is evenly distributed.
- It can be used for indoor purposes only.
- The hair straightener comes up with short chords.
8. Corioliss C1 Carbon Fiber Hair Straightener:
This is one of the most stylish looking straighteners available. The Corioliss C1 Carbon Fiber Hair Straightener is very easy to manage and works very well on any type of hair. This straightener acts like an apt alternative to straightened hair without the use of any harsh chemicals. The machine of this device is made up of advanced technology which leads to causing minimum damage to the hair. This hair straightener leaves the hair to be very soft and smooth and gives a very fine finish to the hair.
- It has a feature of adjusting the temperature according to the type of hair.
- The overall physical look of the hair straightener very sleek and gives a stylish look.
- The hair seems to remain very soft and smooth after the use and do not dry up at all.
- According to the features it provides, the hair straightener is very expensive.
- The hair straightener lacks a lock to actually close it.
- 10 Best Ceiling Fan in India 2020 (Review & Buyer’s Guide)
- 7 Best Food Processor in India 2020 (For Home Use & Professional Cooking)
- 10 Best Dishwasher in India 2020 (Buyer’s Guide & review)
Investing considerable amount of time to actually find the most suitable hair straightener can be a task. There are a number of quality straighteners in the market which do lasts for years and protect your hair from any sort of damage and also help you achieve good quality looks. The right kind of hair straightener are very versatile and be used for multiple purposes to such as curling or adding waves. With the right hair straightener in your hand, you can always style your hair as you wish to without even worrying about the heat or the damage it will cause to your hair. Hence, ensuring to invest in the right straightener becomes difficult, but not to worry! We have made an effective buyer guide to help you look out for a certain feature while investing your hard-earned money into a hair straightener. Read on further and you would know more about the information provided in this detailed guide.
The category of hair straighteners can be classified into three broad ones:
A: Mini Sized
B: Medium Sized
C: Huge Sized
Getting your hands on the right size of the hair straightener is always important for efficient and simple hair styling which eventually leads to less damage to the hair strands of yours.
Hence, we always recommend the users to invest in mini or medium sized hair straighteners which are light in weight because they are very easy to carry from one place to the other without acting like a burden.
Temperature is a very important factor which plays an important role while selecting the correct hair straightener. There are some of the hair straighteners which work efficiently below a capacity of 360 degrees while other hair straighteners have a heating capacity of working up to 410 degrees. The temperature can be chosen according to the hair texture.If you seem to have thick and dry hair, then using a hair straightener which has high heating capacity will be apt for you, as a lot of heat will be required to actually straighten your hair and get them to get a smooth and shiny look.
However, if you already have manageable and thin hair, then using a hair straightener which has less heating capacity will also work. However, there is a common notion that hair straighteners which have a higher heating capacity are dangerous for the hair and cause damage, which is not true at all. Instead, make sure to invest your money in a hair straightener which can radiate heat. This will never cause any damage to the hair.
The style of the plate:
Hair straighteners come in plethora od options in terms of various shapes and sizes. There can be some very heavy duty to straighteners to some extra mini travel ones available in the market which have their own specific size of the plate. There is a common notion that, fuller the plates, the lesser time it will take to straighten the hair and get the hair from rough to smooth in no time. There are a different types of plate material which are available such as Titanium, Irons or Tourmaline etc.
As per a thorough research, the best type of plate material is Irons, ceramic or Titanium which eliminate any sort of damage to the hair.
Width of the plate:
As stated, plates in a hair straightener do play a major role in deciding its effectiveness. It is observed that wider the plates, the lesser time it will take to actually straighten the hair. If you are someone who travels a lot and cannot go a day without the hair straightener, then you should ensure that you have a straightener which has narrow plates. This eventually makes it super easy for the product to fit inside the bag. If you already have good quality fine hair then make sure you do no try on straighteners with wide plates as they have a tendency of producing a lot of heat which eventually leads to a lot of damage to the hair.
Some Additional Features:
Apart from all the features stated above, there are other various additional features which one can look up for while investing in a hair straightener. Straighteners now come up with additional features such as AI technology which help in making them unique.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
There are many questions that the buyers ask while buying the best hair straighteners in India. Here for the ease, we have curated a list of frequently asked questions, which will help you to make an informed choice further:
- How often does one need to clean their hair straightener?Answer:Due to burnt hair or the overall built up of the product, the effectiveness of the hair straightener seems to reduce. Hence, due to this reason, it becomes vital to clean the hair straightener after every time it is used. The best part about hair straighteners is that they are extremely easy to clean up often.
- Is it safe to style my hair on a daily basis?Answer:Straightening the hair on a daily basis can make your hair very dry, damage and freeze in the long run. Hence, usage of the hair straightener or any sort of heating tool should be avoided on a daily basis.
- My hands feel very hot while holding up the hair straightener, is it safe?Answer:There are a few plates such as Titanium which tend to emit intense amount of heat. To use the hair straightener comfortably, make sure to use gloves which are heat resistant. These gloves protect the hand from getting hot or burnt.
- Is it safe to iron wet hair?Answer:Ironing wet hair is not at all advised and can be very harmful for your hair. Ironing while your hair is wet, completely dries out the hair even before styling and eventually damages it.
- Does straightening of hair cause loss of hair?Answer:This is very subjective and totally depends on the type of hair straightener used by you. The straighteners which are mentioned in the list above are the best in the market and very affective. These straighteners produce very considerable amount of heat which doesn’t cause any sort of damage to hair and eventual results in no hair fall.
Due to the hair straighteners options present in the marketplace it is natural for one to get super confused. Each of the listed machines are one better than other and provide you with a number of features that instead of your hair, your mind will get all freeze. You would eventually will always be in a fix as to which one to buy and which one to avoid. However, on having a look at the above-mentioned best hair straighteners that we have presented you can say good bye to the confusion now. All you need to do is just have a look at the reviews that we have come up with and then choose accordingly.
The whole purpose of providing a detailed review of the specific product was to give you an insight about the different hair straighteners and which one will suit your needs more. We went on to interview a number of users and got a first-hand experience on the detailed review of each of them. Once everything was compiled properly, an effective guide was prepared to help you get your hands on the best one.
Amongst the many hair straighteners, according to us the Vega 3 in 1 hair styler does become the best one due to its added features, stunning look and the overall usage it provides.