Having a water heater in a house isn’t a luxury anymore. In fact, hot water has become a necessary item all around the country. By using sunlight, solar water heaters produce hot water for our daily usage like bathing, cooking & cleaning.
In order to get warm water during the winter season and to drink clean, hygienic water, we use electric water heaters in our households every day. But sometimes, the over usage of it can pinch your pocket in the form of an electricity bill. That’s where the solar water heaters come to your rescue.
Due to technological advancement even in winter and cloudy days also you can use solar water heaters. It can produce and withstand heat for 24 hours a day.
In this post, we are gonna have a closer look at the best solar water heaters in India.
Top 9 Best solar water heaters in India
Supreme Solar 200 LPD Solar Water Heater [Editor’s choice]
When it comes to solar water heaters, there are plenty of brands available in the market. Obviously, the solar water heater needs a professional technician to be installed. Unlike other household items solar water heater is not just like plug it and use it. It needs an expert to fit in the house. Supreme solar water heaters provide an excellent technician staff to install this product.
The tank capacity is 200 LPD which is more than enough for 4 to 6 members family. This is one of the best solar water heaters for hard water. The reason is inside the water tank you can see the glass-lined coating which is very helpful in the long run. It avoids forming rust inside the tank and provides a great lifespan. This model is also available in 100, 150, 250, 300 & 500 LPD. Supreme Solar uses advanced machinery to make the product.
Their all products get decent reviews from the customer. They are in the industry for many years. A couple of years ago they got some bad reviews from customers. But after rectifying their all negatives and taking customer feedback now they improved their product very much. You can trust their solar water heaters for both home & commercial usage.
- Excellent material
- The build quality is awesome.
- Glass-lined inner coating provides a long lifespan.
- Support of rural areas needs to be improved.
Sudarshan Solar Water Heater Wonder Ultimate 58 X 2100 – GL Model
If you are looking for a lightweight solar water heater then Sudarshan solar water is your choice. Their solar water heaters are available for 100, 150, 200, 250 & 300 litres capacity.
This is one of the solar water heaters you can use in all weather conditions. Their circular vacuum tubes are the reason behind it. They use excellent quality material to make their circular tube that can produce hot water even on cloudy days. Sudarshan solar water comes with PUF insulation that minimizes the heat loss of inside the water tank. So, once the water heats then it can maintain the heat for long hours. So, you can get 24 hours of hot water.
Usually, solar water heaters don’t need any maintenance. That is the added advantage. Installation and product cost is high. But after you fix everything you do not need to worry about maintenance & electricity charges.
They used advanced technology to manufacture this product. A few years back solar water heaters makes some trouble after installation. But nowadays due to the competitive industry everybody making their best product. So, you can buy this product for your home without any doubt.
- PUF insulation helps to reduce heat loss.
- Suitable solar water heater for all weather conditions.
Suntek 100 litres solar water heater
We’ll start our list with the Suntek 100-litre solar water heater.
One of the important reasons we’ve considered this solar water heater is its budget-friendly price tag. Although its capacity is just 100 litres, it has so many valuable features to look for.
First of all, it’s perfect for small families and bachelors. In our opinion, a 100-litre capacity is more than enough. Secondly, if you take a look at the inner tank, it’s constructed in stainless steel.
Why it’s good is that it won’t transfer the heat outside of the tank and keep the warmth for a considerable amount of time. It heats the water in equal measure throughout the tank and it’ll keep the salt and hard water remnants away from the inner area.
The outer part of the tank is made of rustproof material. What it means is that it has the capacity to withstand even the harshest weather conditions. You don’t have to clean and maintain the tank on a daily basis.
The Suntek solar water heater can be easily installed and since most of the parts are made of stainless steel, it’ll stay with you for quite a long time without getting any rust at all.
- Easy to install.
- Made of durable material.
- Comes with a sturdy stand.
- The inner area of the tank is made of stainless steel.
- Only suitable for small families and bachelors.
See also: Mandhata Inventions 200LPD Solar Water Heater
Best high-efficient solar water heater
V-Guard Win Hot Series solar water heater
Next on our list is the V-Guard Win Hot series solar water heater. The thing that attracts its customers is its fabulous design.
It comes with all the necessary features you expect in a branded solar water heater. It is built with durable material and looks super compact.
The evacuated glass pipes observe heat efficiently to make heating the water a lot faster. The entire tank area is made of high-grade stainless steel, making it rustproof and this allows it to withstand harsh weather conditions.
In our tests, we’ve found that there is proper PUF insulation present in the tank of the water heater. It is ISI certified, making it quality, trustworthy, and the best brand to use.
With this V-Guard solar water heater, we recommend you purchase the ISI-certified electric backup water heater so that you can use it with the solar water heater during cold and cloudy days.
Apart from these great features, it is an ideal solar water heater for Indian households. Why? Because it is compact, durable, and doesn’t require you to maintain it heavily.
Its total tank capacity is 200 litres, making it an ideal product for small to medium-sized families. With the stainless steel inner area, you get the aluminium and black powder coating for added protection against rust in the outer part of the heater.
Overall, a powerful solar water heater lives up to the brand reputation for sure!
- Has adequate PUF insulation to maintain the warmth of the water.
- The observing glass tubes perform really well in heating the water.
- Made of durable material.
- The entire tank is manufactured in stainless steel and coated with an aluminium sheet for added protection.
- No proper warranty information was provided by the manufacturer.
Best value for money solar water heater
Racold Alpha 500 LPD domestic solar water heater
If you are looking for a powerful and high-pressure resistant solar water heater, then the Racold solar water heater would be a perfect option for you.
The first thing that captures the attention of a buyer is its durable construction. The total time it takes to heat water with solar energy is simply unbelievable.
The fast heating technology makes sure that the water is heated pretty quickly and you don’t have to wait forever to have hot water. It is manufactured with powerful PFU insulation that allows it to retain the warmth of the water inside for a long time.
The best Anti-Syphon System prevents it from dry-heating. Also, it auto-controls the temperature inside the water making it a safe heater to use. It is equipped with the power saving feature even while heating water in full throttle.
All in all, you’ll definitely get the highest value for your money if you decide to purchase this solar water heater.
- Comes equipped with powerful PFU insulation which helps to retain the heat in the water.
- The fast heating technology heats water within minutes.
- Built with sturdy material.
- The tank of the water heater is made of stainless steel.
- Price is on the higher end of the spectrum.
See also: HYKON 150 LPD Solar Water Heater on Sale now
Best quality solar water heater
Solarize Spring PR Solar Water Heater
This is one of the most in-demand solar water heaters in the Indian market. It is popular all around the country due to its unique design and high-quality features.
The manufacturers of this product offer solar water heaters in 4 different types all varying in their dimensions and processing capacity. And also, the price varies according to the tank capacity and dimensions.
Having said that, the Solarize Spring PR solar water heater comes equipped with a 200-litre tank capacity. It is designed with powerful PUF insulation that helps the water inside to stay warm for a long time.
The inner area of the tank is made of stainless steel. And the entire water heater is designed with sturdy material. The outer area of the water heater is protected with a double-layered coating which makes it rustproof and withstands any harsh weather conditions.
If you are looking for a high-quality water heater and the price isn’t a factor for you, then you can go for this.
- Built with sturdy material.
- 200-litre total tank capacity.
- Unique design.
- Comes with 4 different variants based on the dimensions.
- Price is on the higher end of the spectrum.
Best stainless steel solar water heater
Raija Solar – Solar Water Heater System
If you are looking for a solar water heater that performs efficiently during both sunny and non-sunny days, then we are confident to say that this is the best one that is available in the market.
The important thing you need to note with this solar water heater is its supreme performing capabilities even in not-so-favourable conditions. Our testing team has tested this solar water heater to find out the truth.
At the end of it, we were actually pretty impressed to find out that this is indeed a valid claim by the company. This solar water heater is able to hold the warmth of the water for a considerable amount of time, even on non-sunny days thanks to the automated PUF insulation.
It is completely maintenance free and if you are busy, you’ll appreciate this more than anything. It is easy to clean thanks to the stainless steel construction.
The Solarize Spring PR solar water heater is easy to install. It looks compact in every way and it’s designed brilliantly.
The warranty of 7 years and the performance guarantee of 10 years comfortably beat its competitors who couldn’t go passed the 3 and 5 years mark respectively. The total tank capacity of 300 litres is ideal for medium-sized families.
A highly valuable solar water heater to have in your home!
- Easy to install.
- Maintenance-free solar water heater.
- The total tank capacity is 300 litres.
- Powerful PUF insulation to keep the water warm for a long time
- The price is on the higher end of the spectrum, but it is 100 per cent worth it.
Best energy-efficient solar water heater
Fluidtec Flat Plate 300 LPD solar water heater
If you want a solar water heater that doesn’t pinch your pocket and gives you high performance while performing the task of water heating, then you can purchase this Fluidtec Flat Plate 300 LPD solar water heater.
It is energy efficient and priced affordably. The stainless steel construction of the tank makes it easy to clean and maintain.
It has a longer lifespan thanks to the double-coating mechanism throughout the heater. Apart from the features, the critical thing to note with this solar water heater is that it won’t clog/choke due to the pressure from the sunlight.
This is a high-efficient solar water heater that you can confidently purchase without worrying about the price. You’ll definitely get value for your investment!
- 300 litres of total tank capacity.
- Easy to maintain.
- The tank is constructed of stainless steel material.
- Withstands harsh weather conditions thanks to the double coating mechanism.
- Nothing negative about this product.
Global Solar Energy Domestic solar water heater
The Global Solar Energy domestic solar water heater is the best water heater you can find with a 200-litre capacity. It contains the SS electrical filament which helps it to save energy directly from the sunlight and use it during non-sunny days.
It is also equipped with the Cu-Ni-Al selective coating that aids this water heater to absorb sunlight efficiently. This quick absorption helps it to heat water much faster than its competitors in the 200-litre range.
The coating also protects the heater from unwanted dust particles getting into the heating system. It is equipped with a non-contact copper coating present in the vacuum. The vacuum actually provides a clog-free performance even when heating heavy cold water.
The Ultra Modern Azuretech support structure helps you to easily install this on any rooftop. Both the inner and outer area of the tank is constructed of stainless steel material.
The added protection of aluminium sheets and the black powder coating protects the outer area of the heater from corrosion. Therefore, it has the capability to withstand all weather conditions.
So, if you are looking for a solar water heater that is maintenance-free and has a longer lifespan, then this is your best friend.
- Easy to install.
- Has a longer lifespan.
- Equipped with high PUF insulation for longer heat retention.
- Eco-friendly product.
- Lesser warranty period than other brands.
See also: Types of Water Heaters & How to Use them?
In this buyer’s guide, we will look at some key aspects you need to know before purchasing a solar water heater. After you complete reading this section, you’ll be able to take an informed decision on which product is suitable for your needs.
How to select the right solar water heater for your home?
There are a number of reasons why the usage of solar water heaters is increasing in India. One, it’s safe and ideal for your home.
Two, it uses solar energy rather than electricity, three, doesn’t pinch your pocket with running costs, and finally, it is safe for the environment.
Many of the solar water heaters in this list come equipped with functional storage capacity. What it means is that you can use it either for domestic or commercial purposes.
With endless options, it’s pretty challenging to pick the best one for your home. So to help you, we’ll list the types of solar water heaters currently available in the market and what are the things you need to look for when you select a solar water heater for your home.
Types of solar water heaters
Generally, solar water heaters are categorized into two types based on their installation methods. They are active systems and passive systems.
- An active system circulates water within the tank with the help of pumps. Whereas, a passive system uses the seesaw technology meaning the warm water rises and the cool water sinks to the bottom to circulate hot water throughout the tank.
- Active system solar water heaters are good in withstanding the pressure of overheating, as they have to overheat protection. On the other hand, passive solar water heaters are affordably priced but they don’t have overheating protection.
What to look for when purchasing a solar water heater for your home?
As you all know, a solar water heater is used to heat up the water by utilizing solar energy directly into its panels. They reduce electricity consumption and they are environment friendly as well.
In order to buy the best one, you need to know what to look for in a solar water heater before taking your wallet out.
Here’s a list of 7 items you need to consider before going for the purchase.
- You need to determine whether you are going to use a solar water heater for either domestic or commercial purposes.
- Generally, most solar water heaters function to their fullest potential when there is optimum sunlight. So if you want to enjoy hot water at all times, purchase a duel-power solar water heater.
- Look at the solar absorption system. Usually, there are two different solar collection systems available namely, flat plate collectors and evacuated tube collectors. Do your due diligence before buying either of these.
- Consider the location. If you are living on flat land, consider buying a passive heating system that will work really well for you. And if you are living in a hilly area, then an active heating system will be the best for your situation.
- Consider your family size and tank capacity. This is obvious. If you have a large family, then go for more than a 200-litre tank capacity. And if you have a small family, then a 100-litre or a 200-litre tank will be the right one for you.
- Type of tank. Always go for the tank that is built with stainless steel material and powerful PUF insulation. This will allow it to retain the warmth of the water inside the tank for a long time.
- Your budget. This is the key aspect. Domestic solar water heaters are more affordable than commercial ones. But before purchasing any of these two types, you should keep the needs of your home in mind.
We hope we’ve provided you with a clear overview of India’s top solar water heaters.
Want to add your thoughts? Share them in the comments section below!
Hari Vignesh is a freelance content writer and works for Trustedshop.in for more than 5 years. He has a vast knowledge of testing and reviewing products.