Air pollution is the biggest threat to our society than ever before. Most cities in India consists air that is harmful to breathe. It is due to industrialization, over usage of vehicles, and so on.
We all know that breathing a clean and pure air is a must to keep our entire body healthier. That’s the reason why, we’ve put together this review list of best 6 air purifiers in India to aid you to select the one that will give you quality air at all times.
Without further ado, let’s get started with the review.
Best air purifier in India reviews:
The SHARP FP-J60M is one of the best air purifier for home usage. It is highly efficient due to its filter quality. It comes with h14 grade hepa filter which is really good to trap ultrafine particles such as 0.003microns.
It comes equipped with the plasma cluster technology. What it means is that it distributes both positive and negative ions to trap not only the ultrafine particles, but it also takes care of bacteria’s, allergens, and pathogens. You can cover up to 500sqft of space comfortably with this air purifier.
The noise level is 43db which is fine for an air purifier. With 408 clean air deliver rate, you will get pure air delivered all throughout the room without any hustle whatsoever.
It comes with great design and good build quality that prompted us to place this air purifier in the number one spot in our review list. If you live in one of the highly polluted cities in India such as Delhi or Mumbai, then you should have this air purifier for sure.
- Excellent air purification capacity.
- Comes with plasma cluster technology.
- Best for home usage.
- Can be used in highly polluted areas.
- No EOT support.
Hindware AP-A8400UIN Air Purifier
The important purpose of this air purifier is to purify the highly contaminated air. That’s why, it is integrated with a bathe 5 stage purification system. This ensures that the incoming air is completely purified before it gets released throughout the room.
It purifies the incoming air in five different filters. They are pre-filter, true hepa-filter, activated carbon filter, UV lamp, and energizers. Once you install this air purifier, you can be rest assure that you will always get purified air at all times. You will be able to cover 400sqft of space easily. What’s more impressive with this air purifier is its ability to spread the purified air in a consistent manner all throughout the room.
The pre-filters captures the larger dust particles such as pet hair and flying dust. This improves the performance of the air purifier dramatically. The hepa filter can get rid of the microscopic particles in the incoming air easily. It includes smoke, pollen, and the fine dust. The presence of UV lamp removes harmful stuff such as bacteria’s and viruses.
All in all, you will have the ultimate value for every single rupee you spend with this air purifier.
- High quality performance.
- Commendable design.
- Comes with fan speed adjustment settings.
- Easy to install.
- You don’t have an in-build sleep mode.
Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 43-Watt Air Purifier:
The Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 Air Purifier comes with 7 stage air purification mechanism. What it means is that if you have any health issues based on breathing, you must purchase this air purifier. It comes with an affordable price tag, and you don’t have to worry that the purchase will break your bank account.
When it comes to design, it is pretty well done and more importantly, it is easy to operate. It comes with an LED display which will aid you to use its multiple operating modes. It is built with high quality and durable plastic that gives this air purifier a sturdy feel.
You can operate this air purifier with a remote control, and you won’t be able to find it in many premium devices. The process of changing the filters is made easy with this device.
It is equipped with a multi-stage air filtration technology and has an in-built micro processor system to provide you with the highest quality air possible. As we’ve mentioned earlier, it comes with 7 different types of filters to remove all kinds of air pollutants and harmful gasses from the incoming air. You can cover around 350sqft with this air purifier.
It has a really good clean air delivery rate of 225m/3h which ensures that you will get pure air at any time of the day.
Finally, this air purifier is lightweight and portable meaning that you can carry to different rooms in your house without any hustle.
- Exceptional performance.
- Good clean air delivery rate of 225m/3h.
- Comes with a remote control to operate this device.
- Made of sturdy material.
- Becomes noisy when the fan runs in high speed.
Honeywell Air Touch 5 air purifier:
Honeywell is a recent entrant into the air purifier consumer market of India. But they bring with them a global brand reputation. It offers some of the best in class features and thereby, competes directly with the big brands.
No doubt, this is an entry level air purifier. It is priced affordably. When it comes to design, it looks stylish than all its competitors in this price point. You will also get two different color options to choose from.
When the fan in this purifier runs at full speed, it generates 60db of noise, which makes it one of the noisiest air purifiers we’ve reviewed up to this point. Most brands try to keep the noise level to under 55db, and in this regard, Honeywell can improve.
When it comes to controls, it comes under the basic category. The major control you can think of apart from the basic stuff is the fan speed settings. It comes in three different speed settings. As we’ve discussed earlier, it makes considerable noise when the fan is running at full speed, which will be an irritation for most people.
You will have an LED indicator to notify of the air quality you have in your surroundings. When you put it in sleep mode, the LED lights turn off and the purifier switches itself off automatically which will aid you to have a comfortable sleep.
So, if you are looking for an air purifier that fulfills basic air purification needs and doesn’t break your bank account, then you should purchase this air purifier for sure.
- Good performance.
- Affordable price range.
- Comes with an air quality indicator.
- Simple to operate.
- 60db, which is pretty noisy.
Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier:
The Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier is designed with a unique methodology that senses the input given by the three onboard sensors. This helps it to find out and report the air quality metrics in real time. With this report, you will be able to see the air quality and maintain it at the preferred levels of yours.
It also comes with a humidity and a temperature sensor to monitor the identical humidity and temperature level within the room. It has a low face velocity which in turn helps the machine to trap the ultrafine particles back into the filter and doesn’t allow them to spread into the room easily. With the 360 degree hepa filter and a tris impregnated carbon filter, you will get 99.95 % purified air and the fresh air will be circulated in all corners of the room.
This 99.95 % filtration means the ultrafine particles and harmful allergens doesn’t have anywhere to escape. The patented air multiplier technology ensures that the purifier puts out 360 liters of purified air per second into the room, which is significantly higher than its competitors.
It also has 360 degree oscillation for exceptional circulation. You can use this air purifier for small and medium sized rooms.
Finally, it comes with a two years of manufacturer warranty and with its high quality features, you don’t have to worry about breathing polluted air in your home anymore.
- Comes with an air multiplier technology.
- Quietest operation.
- Attractive design.
- 360degree oscillation for exceptional circulation.
- Expensive model.
Tefal Intense Pure Air XL 80-Watt Air Purifier:
The Tefal Intense Pure Air XL comes with slim looking design and it comes in two variants. A regular, that is aimed towards improving the air quality in a small room. Whereas, the excel is a perfect fit for large halls and living rooms. The entire unit is made of thick and durable plastic.
If you receive a white unit, make sure that you clean the exterior regularly. Otherwise, you will see unpleasant dirt marks after an extended period of time.
It has vents for pulling in the outside air, and release the purified air after the filtration process is over. It has an unique design which is different from a lot of conventional air purifiers.
The control panel has controls for everything including fan speed adjustment, power on/off, mode change, ionizer, and filter changer. Apart from that, you will have timer and various indicator LED lights. Very sadly, none of these buttons are marked properly and only have an illustration of what they do, which is pretty confusing for a new/first time user of such a device.
It comes with three standard filters namely pre-filter for capturing out large dust particles, an activated carbon filter for filtering small microscopic particles, and a hepa filter for removing all kinds of ultrafine particles. The pre-filter can be cleaned with a regular water, and on the other hand, the activated carbon filter and the hepa filter should be replaced after a year of use depending on the condition of the room. Behind all these filters, you have the nano capture filter which is the company’s patented technology for ensuring high-quality filtration. It is mostly used for destroying harmful gasses inside the room.
All in all, you will get a quality air purifier for sure, when you decide to purchase this equipment.
- Excellent performance.
- Comes with three standard filters.
- Attractive design.
- Sturdily built.
- Not a particularly good device for using in the open area.
You need to know certain things before buying an air purifier for your home. As a first time purchaser, you don’t know what to look for when purchasing such an expensive device for your home. Don’t worry, we’ve got a solution for you!
Read this buyers guide to get a better understanding of what you need to know when buying an air purifier for your home.
What you need to know when you want to purchase an air purifier for your home?
Here are the things you should carefully look for when purchasing an air purifier for your home.
- Find out about the pollution level in your surroundings. It is the first and foremost thing to look out for. If you don’t know what is the pollution rate in your area, you won’t be able to select the right air purifier for your home.
- Know about the technologies used in air purifiers. Filters are the most important component in an air purifier. Different purifiers equipped with different filtration mechanisms. Here is a list of technologies used in an air purifier.
- Hepa filtration.
- Ionic filtration.
- Carbon filtration.
- Photocatalytic filtration.
- Make sure you purchase an air purifier with a pre-filter. These days, many air purifiers come with pre-filters. Pre-filter is the first layer of filter that removes the obvious dust factor in the incoming air. These filters do the general filtration duties. So, make sure that you buy an air purifier with a pre-filter. This will increase the lifespan of the air purifier in a BIG way.
- Hepa filter. It is the best in class filter that almost all air purifier manufacturers have in their product. They are highly efficient in removing all kinds of dust particles from the air. Also, they will remove 99.97% of unwanted and unhealthy stuff in the incoming air. So, you will have high value for your money, if you purchase an air purifier with a hepa filter.
- Ionic filter. The ionic filter operates by emitting the charged ions of both positive and negative ions into the air to deal with the airborne contaminants. The advantage with these filters is that they even capture the microscopic particles up to 0.01microns with ease. The ionic filters are washable and you don’t have to replace them for a long time. So, if you have budget constraints and don’t want to replace the filter after every six month or one year, then you can go for an air purifier that comes with ionic filter.
- Activated carbon filters. The activated carbon filters use chemical adsorption technology to fight against the airborne contaminants such as pollen, viruses, bacteria’s, and all kinds of impurities. In a modern day air purifier, you will have activated carbon filter for sure. Also, it is your duty to check whether an air purifier of your choice is equipped with an activated carbon filter, as it is naturally capable of trapping the impurities with accuracy.
- Photocatalytic filters. Nowadays, many air purifiers come with Photocatalytic filters. The catalyst in the Photocatalytic filter that purifies the air is typically titanium dioxide, which is nothing but a semi-conductor. It is charged by the ultraviolet (UV) light. The electrons released by this filter do the air purification process. So, if you are looking for a real quality air purification, then purchase the air purifiers that has this filtration mechanism.
- Always measure the room size before purchasing a purifier. Room size is another important factor to think through in choosing an air purifier for your home. The size of the air purifier is determined by the size of the room. So, it is always a best practice to measure your room size before purchasing an air purifier for your home.
- Look for the ACH (air changes per hour rating.) it is the most complicated rating and hence, usually customers tend to neglect it. But, it is one of the most important rating that should influence your buying decision. In simple terms, this rating will tell you how many times an air purifier can release clean and fresh air into the room. To put it even more simpler terms, the rating means how many purifying cycles an air purifier can complete in an hour. The higher the number is, the higher the efficiency will be. So, look for an air purifier that has the higher ACH value.
- Look for an air purifier with a highest CADR (clean air delivery rate). The CADR stands for clean air delivery rate. This rating notifies the customers how well an air purifier can purify the incoming air in a specified room. But, not every purifier has the CADR rating. Through the CADR rating, you will be able to know how much space can an air purifier handle smoothly. So, look for an air purifier that has the highest CADR rating. If a purifier doesn’t have CADR rating available, then by all costs avoid purchasing the particular device.
- Consider some important factors such as portability, weight, and noise. Generally, air purifiers measures a few KGS. If you plan to use a single air purifier for multiple rooms, then choose a model that is lightweight in nature. Also, it is nice to have caster wheels for better portability. If you plan to use the air purifier inside your bedroom, make sure that it makes lesser noise.
So, make sure to consider these very Important things when buying an air purifier for the first time to your home.
What it takes to maintain an air purifier?
Every air purifier requires proper and quality maintenance. Its filters need to be cleaned regularly. The filters needs to be cleaned often by removing them from the purifier and wiping the both outer and inner areas with a wet cloth. Purifiers equipped with the hepa filter and the activated carbon filter should be replaced after six months or one year, and that is going to be expensive.
So, you must have a clear idea of what exactly the filter replacement costs are before choosing these models. These filters will trap the pollutants inside them and may get clogged up, if you don’t clean them regularly. Eventually, they will stop purifying the incoming air if you don’t replace them after a certain period.
But, if you are on a tight budget and you don’t want to replace the filter after every six months or one year, then you can go for an air purifier with ionic filter. They are cost effective and simple to maintain than the purifiers with hepa filter. You don’t have to replace the filter for a considerably long time.
Although air purifiers are generally a cost effective solution for breathing fresh and quality air in your home, the first thing you should know that the power rating place a major role in energy consumption. The more power rating, the more energy it will consume, and that will aid in increased electricity bills. Usually, portable air purifiers have 50 to 70 watts of power rating and some premium brands have 20 or less wattage. So, if you are planning to use the air purifier for a long time, then you should read the power rating/wattage rating to get an idea of how much energy it will consume.
- 8 Best Vacuum Cleaner in India (For Home & Pet Hair)
- 6 Best Microwave Oven in India (Review and buyers guide)
- 8 Best Inverter in India (Home & Solar Inverter Reviews)
We hope that this guide will answer all your curious questions regarding selecting a quality air purifier for your home. It is a challenging task, and there is no doubt about it.
Because the air purifier market is unregulated in India, you may unknowingly select a cheap quality air purifier for your home. We don’t want that to happen to you.
So, what do you think about this review list? Want to include your thoughts with us? Share them in the comments section below.
We love to hear your thoughts on this!