These days, you have microwave oven in every household in India. In big cities, microwave ovens are regularly in use to do various cooking related activities. In the country side, its slowly starting to pick up steam.
So, you want to purchase a microwave oven for your home. But as a first time purchaser, how do you know which is the best microwave oven that will fulfill all your cooking needs?
Well, you can read this post to find it out!
Let’s get started!
Best microwave oven in India reviews:
Best solo microwave ovens:
IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven:
We begin our review list with the IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven. This oven is particularly useful for basic cooking tasks. If you are a bachelor and you don’t have that much money to spend on a microwave oven, then you can go for this model from IFB. Also, if you have a smaller kitchen space, you can purchase this oven and it will be a perfect fit for you.
This microwave oven is lightweight and portable, meaning that it is easy to carry and you can store it comfortably. When we speak about its body and design, it comes with an attractive white shade. It has two simple dials for easier operation. One dial can be used for cooking purposes and another one can be used as a timer.
It also features a flexible power level to adjust the power without interrupting the cooking process. When it comes to its performance, it does really well. This oven is particularly good for reheating purposes. With its small capacity of 17L, this compact model can do the basic tasks like defrosting, reheating, and pre-cooking. However, you can do these activities for a small portion only.
As we’ve mentioned earlier, it is good for bachelors and small families. So, if you are looking for a microwave oven that doesn’t break your bank account, then this is your best bet.
- Auto-cook settings enabled.
- Comes with flexible power controls.
- Equipped with one year product warranty.
- Very basic model.
LG 20 L Solo Microwave Oven:
The LG 20 L Solo Microwave Oven is designed particularly for those who are really conscious of their health and calorie intake. Like the previous model, this LG microwave oven is a best fit for bachelors and people with small families. It comes with healthy menus preprogrammed and you will be able to cook your favorite healthy food in no time.
Also, the Intellowave technology ensures cooking healthier foods is as easy as it can get with faster cooking time. The display turns itself off when it recognizes that there isn’t any activity taking place for the last five minutes.
This means that it is an energy efficient product and you will save some money in terms of electricity bill. It comes with preprogrammed menu and it has a preset food list. You just have to select your fav food and press start. It is a pretty convenient way of preparing a healthy food, isn’t it?
The anti-bacterial cavity prevents the formation of odor and bacteria that may spoil your food. It has an attractive design and you will love it when you purchase this equipment.
So, if you want to purchase a microwave oven that isn’t priced sky high and offers all the basic and some valuable options, then you should get this model ASAP.
- Comes with all the necessary functions of a solo microwave oven.
- The Intellowave technology ensures faster and healthier cooking in less time.
- Energy efficient equipment.
- Auto-cook menus enabled.
- Don’t expect too much with this model. And remember, it is a solo microwave oven.
BPL 20 L Solo Microwave Oven:
When it comes to solo microwave ovens, they are generally budget friendly. Usually, when you purchase a less priced appliance, you may have some quality issues. But that isn’t going to be the case with the BPL 20l solo microwave oven.
The first thing we loved about this oven when we saw it for the first time is its supreme quality. It is manufactured in India and you should definitely give it a try. Its maximum capacity is 20l and this is a best microwave oven for medium sized families.
The power consumption is 700 watts and it is ok for a solo oven model. It is equipped with quick defrost mode and if you are in a rush or you want your food to be reheated pretty quickly, you can use this feature. Quick defrost mode offers quick action in removing the ice that is present on the surface of the food. The ergonomic handle on the doors make it easy to open and close the doors with comfort. Also, if you have such handles, you will feel safe in operating the door and your hands doesn’t get hurt accidentally.
The cooking alert feature shows you what is exactly taking place in the oven. And this makes it a safe microwave oven to have in your kitchen.
This oven is pretty easy to clean, operate, and store, making it an ideal appliance to have in your home.
- Simple, yet a powerful and attractive design.
- Equipped with cooking alert feature.
- Less noisier than its competitors.
- Priced affordably.
- It is compact, lightweight and portable.
- It isn’t a suitable device for everybody.
Best convection microwave ovens:
Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven:
We give the first place in the convection oven category to the Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven, simply due to its unmatched brand reputation in the home appliance sector and exceptional quality manufacturing. The Samsung has many high quality convection microwave ovens and this is one among them.
It comes with a ceramic cavity which keeps the interiors of the cavity away from stain and scratch free, and makes your oven cleaning process a lot easier. What’s more important is that the ceramic cavity comes with 10 years of manufacturer warranty.
With all the standard features you see in a convection microwave oven, you will also have a slim fry as an addition. So, if you have problems related to your extra fat, you can still eat fried food without deep frying it. This oven consumes 1200watts in both convection and grill modes.
It comes with 11 different power levels to make sure that you cook the precise food you want. To ease your overwhelm, it comes with buttons for each power level.
So, you can change the heat level with the press of a button. The digital display is clear and bright and visibility won’t be a problem. It comes with different preprogrammed cooking menus and you can select your favorite food and press the appropriate button to get started.
So, if you are looking for a premium quality convection microwave oven and budget isn’t your concern, then don’t look further, this is the best.
- Sleek design.
- Amazing auto-cook menus.
- Exceptional customer support.
- The convection mode is from another world.
- Overall quality is commendable.
- Comes with higher price tag which is totally understandable.
Panasonic 27 L convection microwave oven:
If you are in a tight budget, but want a reputed brand’s convection microwave oven then buy the Panasonic 27l convection microwave oven. It is a pocket friendly option and you will love its features for sure.
Besides its high-quality, the cookbook that accompanies with the oven is pretty helpful and if you are a beginner for cooking, you will find some valuable tips in the book. So, this oven is a real beauty and fulfills all your cooking needs.
You can cook all kinds of traditional foods as well as the western cuisines with absolute ease with your new cooking mate. The defrosting, grilling, and all kinds of convection features work in fine order and after cooking, the cleaning process is even more easier. although the total capacity is a little smaller with 27 liters, it can cater to all of you and your family’s cooking needs without any problem. The auto-cook menu informs you about the selected dish, its required ingredients, the power level needed to cook that particular item. You can only see this feature in premium models.
As you’ve doubted, the price isn’t on the higher end of the spectrum, and to have these amazing features, you have to pay a hefty price tag in other brands. Setting up the oven is pretty easy.
This can be done in a step by step method. By using this convection microwave oven, you will get a well cooked food at all the time.
If you are looking for a kitchen appliance that adds value to your hard earned money, then choose this convection microwave oven from Panasonic. It will be your best cooking friend.
- Easy to clean.
- Simple to setup.
- Comes with a valuable cookbook.
- Made of metallic silver.
- Comes with a flatbed technology meaning that you can place large volume of dishes.
- Not a suitable product for everybody.
Best microwave oven for grilling:
IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven:
If you and your family members enjoy baked and grilled food than anything else, then the IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven is the right choice for you. It is a versatile oven suitable for a large family. It is equipped with a motorized rotisserie that will be helpful in preparing great barbecue food. It can keep your cooked food warm up to 90 minutes.
It also lets you ferment your milk products, dough, and batter. It comes with one year warranty on the product and three years warranty on the cavity and the magnetron. So, it is a reliable investment.
It comes with a capacity of 30 liters and as we’ve mentioned earlier, it is a suitable product for large families. You can use it for cooking various foods, defrosting, reheating, warming, baking, and grilling. It consists a turntable of 315mm of length which will enable you to cook large quantity of food.
It also comes with auto-cook options of 101 different items, and they will allow you to test various flavors and dishes. It is easy to clean with its steam clean feature.
It comes with standard safety features (child lock) and it will prevent your kids from accidentally operating the oven. The power save feature shows that it is an energy efficient device. Also the power save feature saves you some money on the electricity bills.
All in all, you will get serious worth for your money when you purchase this appliance for sure.
- Good for grilling.
- Comes with standard safety features.
- Energy efficient equipment.
- Saves money on your electricity bill.
- Some users complain about the durability of the oven.
- 10 Best Dishwasher (Buyer’s Guide & review)
- 7 Best Food Processor in India (For Home Use & Professional Cooking)
- 8 Best Vacuum Cleaner (For Home & Pet Hair)
To prepare a quick meal, you need to have a microwave oven in your home. But how do you know which is the best microwave oven that suits to all your cooking needs? As a first time purchaser, how do you know what to look for in a microwave oven to select the right one for your needs?
You can read this buyers guide to get the adequate knowledge in order to choose the right one for yourself.
What are the factors to consider when purchasing a microwave oven for your home?
There are several factors to look for when choosing a microwave oven for your home. The following sections will give you a clear indication of what to look for in a microwave oven.
Select the right wattage:
Select a microwave oven with linear power control or choose an inverter based unit. Unlike the microwave ovens that function in electricity, an inverter microwave oven will give you heat output of 50% when you set it to 50 % and doesn’t overcook your food. Also, you won’t have uneven heat spreading through your food.
Determine the size of the oven:
Usually, microwave ovens are available in various sizes in order to fulfill all your cooking needs. But, before choosing the size of the microwave oven, you need to select where you are going to place it. With regards to the available place, you have to select the outer size of the oven. The size of the oven can also be decided by the power output of the equipment.
Determine the total capacity:
This is really important. When it comes to the internal capacity, your family size does matter a lot. So, if you have a family of 4, you need a microwave oven of 30liters or more. If you are a bachelor or you have a small family, you can choose a solo microwave oven.
The capacity can also be decided by what kind of food you want to prepare with an oven. If you want to bake, grill, and prepare fried food, then you surely need a large capacity microwave oven and preferably a convection model. Also, you should consider how much food you want to cook in a day when you are determining the capacity of the oven.
Look for these necessary features:
Whether you are looking for a solo microwave oven, convection oven or a grill microwave oven, the following features are necessary. If you don’t have any one of these, then it is a waste of your hard earned money. Also to qualify as a convenient appliance, these features must be present in a microwave oven.
- Humidity sensor. A modern day microwave oven is equipped with a humidity sensor. This is a special component that is responsible for adjusting the cooking time as well as the temperatures inside the cavity based on the humidity level. This will aid you cooking your meals with the exact texture and taste.
- Rotating glass turntable is a must’ve in a microwave oven. This will allow you to cook your fav dishes evenly from all sides. For this also, you don’t have to interrupt the oven to rotate the dish manually. They will rotate itself. Moreover, it is detachable. So you can use it whenever you want.
- Removable racks. Microwave ovens that doesn’t have metal racks will often partially heat the food. The layer of the food that contacts the base of the cavity will sometimes be undercooked. To avoid this, you should always look for a microwave oven that contains metal racks. The metal racks will spread even heating and thereby, provide uniformed cooking.
- Multi stage cooking. The spreading of the heat evenly throughout the food is a key thing in preparing a well cooked food. Hence, the microwave oven allows you to adjust the temperature when the food is in the cooking process. So, for this important reason, you should choose a microwave oven with a multi-stage cooking option.
- Choose a microwave oven with an easy user interface. User interface is another aspect that you need to carefully look for when purchasing a microwave oven. A numeric keypad is much more accurate than a knob or a dial control. Also, an user interface with a numeric interface will enhance precision. So, you must always go for a microwave oven with a numeric keypad.
- The child lock safety function. If you have a kid who doesn’t know how to operate a microwave oven or you don’t want your kid to accidentally access the oven, then you should always look for a microwave oven with a child lock feature. This is a standard safety feature that is available in almost all modern microwave ovens. To lock the oven, you can use number lock much like the pattern lock you use in a mobile phone. Once you lock the oven with a number sequence, the same should be re-entered before accessing the appliance again. So, this minimizes your worry and your kid can be safe. Also, you have child lock feature in solo microwave ovens as well.
Now that we have a really good idea of the factors to look for when purchasing a microwave oven for your home, let’s have a look at the various types available in this kitchen appliance category.
What are the types of microwave ovens available currently?
There are generally three types of microwave ovens available. They are,
- Solo oven,
- Convection oven,
- And grill oven.
Let’s have a look at each one of them in detail.
Solo microwave ovens:
A solo microwave oven is a simple to use oven with all the basic features in-built into the machine itself. It has a uniformed distribution of heat to conduct all kinds of basic cooking activities with all the power level settings. Some solo microwave ovens also include an auto-cook option that has preset menus.
If you are in a tight budget and you are in search for an oven that takes care of all the basic cooking, then you can purchase this type for sure.
Convection microwave ovens:
The convection microwave oven is an all in one cooking solution for every kind of your food wants. It is designed to do all kinds of cooking activities such as baking, frying, and grilling with all the basic cooking related things. It is the most innovative thing that the kitchen appliance industry has ever invented.
If you love to cook, bake, and grill to your heart’s desire, then this is the one for you. It is the most efficient of all the various types of ovens you see in the market.
It comes with clear instructions for everything including how to use, settings, modes, operating, and clear description for each one and you don’t have to overwhelm yourself, when you see it for the first time. But you should note one thing.
These microwave ovens come under the premium price category. So, if you are on a tight budget, this isn’t a model for you. If you doesn’t mind paying to get a premium quality equipment, then this will be your best friend.
Grill microwave ovens:
If you are a grilling enthusiast and you love a quality grilled food, then this is the oven for you. You can use it to prepare delicious fried and grilled food with ease. It comes under the mid range in terms of the price.
We have provided you with all the important information to buy a microwave oven that fulfills all your cooking needs.
Want to include your thoughts? Share them in the comments section below.